With 875 million members and 59 million listed companies, LinkedIn is the leading online job board and professional networking site. But to make the most of this valuable tool, it’s crucial to know how you can effectively use this platform to get the most our of your Linkedin profile and leverage all its features to the fullest.
In this blog, we’ll explore 5 powerful features of LinkedIn that you can take advantage of to grow your career and achieve your professional goals.
What are the benefits of building a strong brand on LinkedIn?
1. Networking opportunities
LinkedIn gives you the opportunity to expand your network by connecting with industry experts, potential employers, and like-minded individuals. You can leverage this network to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and gain valuable insights through your connections. Moreover, building a strong professional network will open doors to new career opportunities.
By engaging with others on the platform, participating in groups, and sharing valuable content, you can expand your network, demonstrate your expertise, and build your professional reputation. Whether you’re looking for a new job, seeking business opportunities, or simply seeking to stay informed, a robust LinkedIn network can help you achieve your career goals.
Bonus Tip: You can go one step ahead and easily schedule LinkedIn live events for your professional community using Flutin.
2. Job searching advantages
95% of recruiters use LinkedIn to find talent, making it a must-use for job seekers. Here are a few ways you can use this platform to skyrocket your job hunting.
- Easily search for and apply to millions of job postings that align with your skills and experience using LinkedIn “Jobs”.
- Utilize LinkedIn’s robust filters to find the best opportunities based on your key skills, target roles, preferred job type, experience level, location, industry, and many more.
- Showcase your skills, experience, and achievements to potential employers through a well-optimized LinkedIn profile.
3. Helps you highlight your professional skills and achievements.
Your LinkedIn profile is more than just a digital resume; it’s a showcase of your professional brand. By optimizing your profile, you can highlight your skills and achievements, demonstrating to potential employers and clients the value you bring to the table. Make sure to list your relevant skills, highlight specific achievements, and add endorsements from others in your network to build a strong and credible profile.
Additionally, consider incorporating multimedia elements, such as presentations, portfolio pieces, and videos, to showcase your expertise and bring your profile to life. By investing time in creating an optimized LinkedIn profile, you can take control of your brand and present yourself in the best light possible.
Bonus Tip: Try the Careerflow.ai LinkedIn optimization tool to get 2.5x more search appearances and 40x more opportunities on LinkedIn and stay ahead of the competition.
4. Stay ahead of the game
You can maximize your personal and professional growth by leveraging the vast resources and community on LinkedIn –
- Use LinkedIn as a source of information, news, and insights to stay ahead of the curve.
- Engage with a wealth of knowledge and resources through articles, blog posts, and groups.
- Gain new insights and knowledge by interacting with content on the platform.
Check out these 5 LinkedIn features to make the most of your LinkedIn profile
1. Try LinkedIn Live.
LinkedIn is a platform that offers a wealth of opportunities to grow your professional network and build your brand. One of the key ways to do this is through LinkedIn Live and events.
In this section, we’ll look at the benefits of using LinkedIn Live and the option to host LinkedIn Live events and reach live audience with LinkedIn Live:
- LinkedIn Live is a feature that allows you to connect with your network in real time through live video streams.
- Whether you’re sharing your thoughts and insights, hosting a Q&A session, or just chatting with your followers, LinkedIn Live offers a unique way to engage with your audience.
- To maximize your reach and engagement, consider conducting your streams with Flutin. Flutin makes it easy to multistream your videos to multiple platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and more. Using these tools can help you improve the quality of the live stream by providing better audio and video compression. This can lead to a better viewer experience.
In conclusion, LinkedIn Live is a powerful way to grow your professional network, build your brand, and connect with like-minded individuals.
2. Add profile video and name pronunciation
Your LinkedIn profile is your professional storefront, and making a good first impression is critical to attracting new connections and opportunities. Two ways to enhance your profile and stand out from the crowd are by adding a profile video and recording your name pronunciation.
- LinkedIn Profile Video is a feature on LinkedIn that allows users to add a short video introduction to their profile. The video can showcase a user’s professional experience, skills, and personality, providing a more dynamic and engaging representation of their personal brand.
- Adding a profile video on LinkedIn can enhance your personal brand and credibility.
- The profile video feature is only available through the LinkedIn mobile app.
- You can record or upload a video, add prompts, stickers, and text, and select the visibility of your video (All LinkedIn Members or Connections only). You can also view analytics and edit/delete your video if desired.
- LinkedIn now allows members to record and display their name pronunciation on their profiles.
- This feature is only available in the LinkedIn iOS/Android mobile app.
- When recording, ensure that the total recording time is within 10 seconds and speak clearly with limited background noise.
Adding a profile video and recording your name pronunciation on LinkedIn can greatly enhance your profile and make a strong first impression on your network. These simple details can help you stand out and attract new connections and opportunities. So, take advantage of these unique features and make the most of your LinkedIn profile!
3. Send personalized connection requests
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for professionals looking to expand their network and make valuable connections. One key way to make a good impression and stand out from the crowd is to send personalized connection requests. A well-crafted connection request can help you build stronger relationships and increase your chances of being accepted.
Here are three tips for sending personalized connection requests:
- Mention a shared connection: If you have a mutual connection with the person you’re reaching out to, mention it in your request. This can help establish a connection and increase the likelihood that the person will accept your request.
- Personalize your message: Take the time to write a personalized message that highlights why you’d like to connect with the person. Mention specific articles, videos, or other content that you enjoyed, and explain why you believe connecting with the person could be beneficial.
- Keep it short and sweet: Your connection request should be brief and to the point. Aim for a message that’s a maximum of a few sentences long, and make sure it’s clear and easy to read.
Check out these examples
- Hey [Name], I hope this message finds you well. I recently came across your work in [insert relevant field] and was really impressed by your expertise. Your work on [insert specific project/article/etc.] really caught my eye, and I’d love to connect and learn more about your experience and insights in the industry. What do you say?
- Hi [Name], I saw your recent article on [insert topic] and was impressed by your insights. Your thoughts on [insert specific aspect of the article] really resonated with me, and I’d love to connect and continue the conversation. How about it?
- Hello [Name], I hope this message finds you well. I heard about you from [insert mutual connection] and was impressed by your background in [insert relevant field]. Your work on [insert specific project/article/etc.] really caught my attention, and I’d love to connect and see how we can help each other grow professionally. Are you up for it?
- Hi [Name], I watched your TEDx talk on [insert topic] and was really inspired by your ideas. Your perspective on [insert specific aspect of the talk] was particularly intriguing, and I’d love to connect and learn more about your work. How does that sound?
- Hello [Name], I hope this message finds you well. I was referred to you by [insert mutual connection] as someone who’s an expert in [insert relevant field]. Your work on [insert specific project/article/etc.] has been impressive, and I’d love to connect and see how we can collaborate and support each other in our professional journeys. Would you be open to connecting?
4. Choose the “open to work – Recruiters only” option.
Maximize your career opportunities with the “Open to Work” option on LinkedIn. When looking for a new job or career opportunity, you want to be proactive and take advantage of all the resources available to you. One feature that can help you in your job search is the “Open to Work” option on LinkedIn. This option is designed specifically for job seekers who want to make their profiles more visible to recruiters and potential employers.
What is “Open to Work”?
- Open to Work is a LinkedIn feature that allows job seekers to let recruiters and their network know they are open to new job opportunities. By using the feature, job seekers can increase their visibility to recruiters who are searching for suitable candidates.
- With Open to Work, job seekers have the control to choose who is able to see that they are open to new job opportunities. They can show it to all LinkedIn members, including recruiters and their current company, or just recruiters using LinkedIn Recruiters (Careerflow.ai recommends you share that you are “open to work” with recruiters only.)
- The Open to Work feature provides the flexibility to customize your status and share information about your job search. This includes specifying the type of job you are looking for, your preferred location, your starting date, and the job type.
Why should you choose “Open to Work – Recruiters only”?
- By choosing the “Open to Work – Recruiter only” option, your profile will only be displayed in the search results of recruiters and employers who are using LinkedIn Recruiter.
- This helps you stand out from other profiles and indicates to recruiters and employers that you are actively looking for new job opportunities.
- Additionally, this feature gives recruiters and employers an easy way to reach out to you and discuss potential job opportunities.
In conclusion, choosing the “Open to Work” option on LinkedIn is a great way to maximize your career opportunities and make your profile more visible to recruiters and employers. So, if you’re actively looking for a new job, be sure to take advantage of this feature and start attracting new opportunities today!
5. Turn on Job Alerts on LinkedIn
The job market can be competitive, and finding the right job opportunity can take time. However, by staying organized and keeping on top of new job postings, you can increase your chances of finding your dream job. That’s where LinkedIn Job Alerts come in!
What are LinkedIn Job Alerts?
- LinkedIn Job Alerts are notifications that let you know about new job postings that match your specific job search criteria.
- You can set up Job Alerts for a specific job title, location, company, or any combination of these criteria.
- Once you have set up Job Alerts, you’ll receive notifications each time a new job posting matches your criteria.
Why turn on Job Alerts?
- Job Alerts can help you stay ahead of the competition and be the first to know about new job postings that match your interests.
- By getting notified about new job postings as soon as they become available, you can quickly apply for jobs that you’re interested in and increase your chances of getting hired.
- Additionally, Job Alerts can save you time and effort by reducing the need to manually search for new job postings.
How to create a job alert on the job search results page?
- To turn on Job Alerts, simply go to the “Jobs” section of your LinkedIn profile.
- Check the top left of the job search results page and switch the Set alert toggle to On
- A popup will appear saying “Job alert” created.
- From “Manage Alerts”, you can customize your Job Alerts criteria and choose how often you want to receive notifications.
How to manage job alerts?
- Once your job alert is created you can click on “Manage alerts” to select the frequency of job alerts.
- Also choose how you’d like to be notified (email, notification, or both).
- You can delete the job alert by switching the toggle to Off.
LinkedIn Job Alerts is a powerful tool that can help you stay ahead of the competition and find your dream job faster. So, if you’re actively looking for a new job, be sure to turn on Job Alerts and start receiving notifications about new job postings today!
Bonus Tip: You can also turn on job alerts for a particular company’s job by visiting their official LinkedIn page.
Leveraging the power of LinkedIn’s features such as LinkedIn Live, profile videos, and events can enhance your personal brand and help you stay ahead in the professional game. By utilizing the platform to its fullest potential with tools like Careerflow.ai and Flutin, you can expand your network, stay informed, and present yourself as a thought leader in your industry. Take a look at these features today and start reaping the true benefits of LinkedIn.
- Using ChatGPT for Live Streaming
- Guidelines to create a successful LinkedIn Live Session
- How to stream to LinkedIn Live using Flutin
Join our official streaming community and get tips to improve your social presence, hacks to increase brand engagement and generate more revenue.