Would you like to know more about how live streaming will be doing this year? We have you covered. Check out the following list of the latest live streaming statistics 2023. You can learn a lot from these live streaming statistics about how live video has dominated the world recently, who is watching, and which platforms and trends are making a difference. A few of these live streaming statistics may also help you develop a marketing strategy or live video publishing plan for the new year. Have a look below!
Live streaming dates back to the 1990s. At that time, live streaming was available only to a select group of people and businesses. However, platforms like Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and others now allow everyone to participate in live streams. YouTube Live sessions, Twitch Streams, Instagram lives, and other live streaming apps are enjoyed by millions every day in 2023. What do all these facts suggest? Marketers can use live streaming statistics to showcase their products or services to millions of people. There is no shortage of influencers or live streamers on all major social media platforms nowadays. Our analysis of live streaming statistics 2023 backs up the above information. So, take advantage of the live video stats and be the champion of this world.
What are some general live streaming statistics 2023?
- By 2027, Grand View Research predicts a $184.3 billion market for live streaming, growing at a 19.9% annual rate.
- The global eSports audience is estimated to be 532 million in 2023.
- The top gaming streaming platforms saw 7.3 million hours of traffic in the second quarter of 2022 alone.
- Live video streams of games are most popular on Twitch.
- In 80% of cases, people prefer to watch a live stream rather than read a blog post.
- Video quality is a key factor for 67% of the audience when watching live streams.
- In the US, 39.2% of consumers discover new products through live streams.
- In the US, YouTube is the most famous choice for live streaming e-commerce.
- As of December 2022, Fextralife holds the title of being the most watched Twitch live streamer in the world with 2,147 million views.
- Marketing strategies that include live streaming videos are used by 35% of marketers worldwide.
What are some platform-wise live streaming statistics for 2023?
- Social media is used by 52% of viewers to stream live video content.
- With a 63.6% market share in live video game streaming, Twitch dominates this world.
- Twitch was the streaming platform in the last quarter with the most hours watched at 6.51 billion.
- There are 70% of Twitch viewers who donate to their favourite streamers.
- With 22.5% of all viewing hours and 5.5% of streaming hours, YouTube gaming is Twitch’s biggest competitor.
- In one year, Facebook Gaming has almost tripled its viewing hours. As of the first quarter of 2021, the platform has surpassed 1 billion viewing hours.
- One out of every five Facebook videos is a live video.
What are some demographics-wise live streaming statistics for 2023?
- A majority of US live stream viewers are between the ages of 18 and 34.
- In Twitch, 70% of viewers are between 16 and 34 years old.
- Twitch has 65% male viewers.
- At least one live stream is watched every week by 30.4% of users between the ages of 16 and 64.
- Live streaming is regularly consumed by 63% of millennials.
- The United States has 60% of young adults watching live streams on their televisions.
What does the audience expect from a live stream?
- While watching a live stream, 67% of viewers rate video quality as the most important factor.
- When a live stream is low-quality, half of users leave it within 90 seconds or less.
- A live stream that takes too long to start causes people to leave. Each 6-second delay in starting results in a 6% viewer loss.
- In addition, 85% of users who follow brands and businesses want to see more videos from them.
What are some useful live streaming statistics for marketers?
- Live video marketing is used by 35% of marketers.
- 82% of people prefer live videos from brands to their social posts, and 80% prefer live videos over blogs.
- 2023 will see $25 billion in sales driven by live streaming shopping events.
- When it comes to Twitch viewers, 64% of them buy products recommended by their favourite streamers.
- It was found that 45 percent of people would be willing to pay to watch live streams from their favourite team or performing artist.
- In the workplace, live video is used by 55% of surveyed companies.
This brings an end to our compilation of the live streaming statistics for 2023. You can see that live video content is becoming increasingly popular, and the industry is taking off. You should prioritize high-quality content and multistream your live videos to the right channels with Flutin if you want to capitalize on this growth.
Join our official streaming community and get tips to improve your social presence, hacks to increase brand engagement and generate more revenue.